Industries we serve
Bespoke software for retail
Delivering successful retail projects since 1991
With 30 years’ industry experience in delivering retail software solutions, Objectivity is the strategic IT solutions partner of choice for leading retailers, such as Primark and Morrisons.
Our dedicated retail teams, consisting of over 100 professionals, develop IT solutions that empower leading fashion and grocery retailers to better manage complexity, while maximising differentiation, agility, and profitability, now and into the future.
We solve today’s retail challenges through the cost-effective use of technology by providing high-quality software solutions that deliver sustainable business growth and value. Objectivity’s experts can help you find the right technology fit to optimise your business, digitally transform your operations, and orchestrate increasingly complex cross-channel processes. We have proven bespoke development skills and services to manage projects throughout the entire product lifecycle.
Our nearshore software development and cutting-edge integration capabilities support continuous operational process efficiency and digitally enabled flexibility, using low-code, Agile DevOps, AI-driven data analytics and insight, and cloud migration skills applied with domain expertise.
Explore our retail software solutions
The right offer in the right place and at the right time
Having partnered with retailers for over three decades, we know how important it is for your business to maximise agility and profitability — and how introducing data-driven business models, operations, and processes can help you mitigate increased industry pressure, complexity, and volatility.
This is why having the right stock in the right place and at the right time is an important differentiator today. Optimising your operations by creating a lean environment will enable you to:
- Ensure your employees have the time to focus on more customer-centric activities,
- Lower your churn rate by optimising your offer and customer experience,
- Personalise your offer to increase customer satisfaction and drive sales.
As our knowledge is catalogued in accordance with the American Productivity & Quality Center (APQC) process classification framework, we work with you to streamline your operations and benchmark your processes against industry best practices.
We specialise in retail software solutions, such as stock and ordering systems, retail store operations, and customer loyalty platforms—nevertheless, we’re able to apply a customised, strategic approach to many of today’s retail challenges thanks to our background in bespoke software development.
Our experts can help you to:
Stock & Ordering Systems
- Forecast and assess demand for products
- Develop an inventory allocation plan and assess replenishment levels
- Provide end-to-end supply chain visibility
- Generate pick lists and print shipping labels
- Receive deliveries and process returns with barcode scanners
- Monitor and remedy out of stocks, store replenishment, and cycle count performance
- Enable lean and efficient eCommerce, marketplace and instore collection operations
Retail Store Operations
- Optimise markdowns, clearance, and other floor promotional activities
- Update signage and Auto ID shelf tagging
- Organise store collaboration, workforce, and communications with HQ
- Measure store performance information and merchandising execution
- Ensure regulatory business compliance
- Extend payment options and improve returns handling, as well as store pick-up, special orders, layaway purchases, and complaints processes (including comprehensive point of sale support)
- Support employees in assisting customers by providing tools for browsing product, order, and location information (clienteling)
Customer Loyalty Solutions
- Enhance customer engagement and relations
- Maintain customer master data for strategic planning and sales and marketing activities
- Analyse and drive insight from purchase and basket data
- Track customer loyalty value and engagement
- Integrate new marketing tools to create targeted, personalised offers
- Ensure security and fraud detection
Our breadth of experience with custom retail application development, customer-critical systems and a secure Ops Clock enables us to meet your most pressing business needs, especially during peak business periods like Easter, Back to School and Christmas.
Objectivity’s developers and support engineers work together as a DevOps team to streamline processes and improve efficiency, while building and maintaining domain expertise. Moreover, we offer support services regardless of whether the systems were developed by us or another vendor, so you can focus on what really matters—your business.
Your strategic retail IT solutions partner
We know that every organisation’s needs are different, even when facing similar industry challenges. As such, our team of technical and domain experts ensure they understand your unique business requirements to find the optimal IT solution fit.
As a nearshore software development company, Objectivity is large enough to deliver success reliably, while being responsive enough to achieve desired outcomes with pragmatic flexibility and a persistent focus on customer value and continuous improvement. With years of practical experience in remote collaboration and on-time delivery, we can support you in your ways of working.
Our success stories
Primark stores rely on their ability to have the right stock—at the right place and at the right time. Objectivity provides 24/7 support and maintenance services to ensure the correct functioning of Primark’s business critical back-office systems.
The Client, a subsidiary of one of Europe’s leading drugstore chains, needed a digital solution that would streamline and automate their retail inventory management processes. The new mobile application was delivered in just 3 weeks, thanks to having employed OutSystems’ low-code technology.
The Client, a chain of grocery supermarkets, needed a digital solution to streamline their shelf edge labelling processes. Objectivity delivered a comprehensive system encompassing a mobile application, backend services, and a website dashboard, all of which automated manual work and reduced the number of price discrepancies between shelves and tills.
Objectivity built and delivered a brand-new supplier portal for the Client’s manufacturing team, using industry-leading technologies in just 14 months.
Hand-held terminals (HHT) are crucial for supermarkets’ store employees. By taking on responsibility for support, Objectivity has improved the availability of the critical software running on these devices.
We have been actively supporting our Client in their efforts to increase the market share, by expanding their business model, establishing a chain of smaller, local convenient stores.
In summary, our key strengths are:
Retail domain knowledge
Experience in remote work
Quick and agile approach
Focus on innovation
Our dedication to helping our clients achieve their goals makes us the strategic partner of choice for retailers looking to better manage complexity, while maximising differentiation, agility, and profitability.
Contact us for more information about our retail services.
We’re passionate about what we do. Our team loves solving complex problems for our clients. We can be your trusted partners on your digital transformation journey. Start your relationship with Objectivity to reach your full business potential.