To solve the problem, we developed a custom Mendix plugin (available here). It enables SUEZ employees to build web pages that are SEO-friendly and can be easily accessed by their customers. In detail, it allows to:
- Integrate with a third-party module that allows to create deep links. Our SEO module therefore helps to „break-up” the Single Page Application into SEOfriendly parts.
- As a later extension, we have integrated our solution with Mendix’s native URL functionality – for the convenience of the configurator.
- Configure a custom link handler that works with search-engine bots and handles them SEO-friendly pages.
- Read values from Mendix’s Entity attributes and substitute them into HTML template, through a built-in templating mechanism. This means that our solution can create dynamic pages.
- Create a sitemap that lists all important parts of the Mendix solution for the bots to create a direct link in the search engine.
All of the above turns the Mendix Single Page Application into a compartmentalised website. This allows the end-customers to easily access through search-engines the SUEZ’s products they wish to purchase.