Each team had the same problem to solve – municipal bikes rental forecasting. We took historical data from the Wrocław Municipal Office regarding city bike rentals. Teams combined it with the historical data about the weather in Wrocław and worked on different models and algorithms to predict bike rental occupancy. Final conclusions were presented after 2 days of hard work with data.
More than Artificial Intelligence
The AI Hackathon gathered developers and architects with different backgrounds: JAVA, .NET, Python, AWS enthusiasts and Azure technologies. They could not only challenge themselves but also test new tools and work closely with data scientist. After the hackathon, we asked participants what the most important aspect of this event was. This is what they said:
- I had a chance to meet colleagues interested in AI
- I had a chance to work with tools which were new to me
- I could do something new, something different from my everyday work
- I solved an interesting problem
- I learnt more about Artificial Intelligence
- I had a chance to cooperate with data scientists
From the company perspective, AI Hackathon proved that we have talented people interested in Artificial Intelligence. This gives us more possibilities to develop in this field. Overall, hackathons are good opportunities to broaden our knowledge, cooperate with people we don’t work with on a daily basis, share knowledge, test new tools and technologies. What’s more, they keep all of us motivated.